Free-Beam Performance & Superior Precision
A number of accessory options exist for use with free-beam surgical CO2
lasers from Lumenis. UltraPulse SurgiTouch, AcuPulse 30ST/40ST and
Sharplan 30C/40C CO2 laser systems all have articulated arms for free-beam
CO2 laser accessories for laparoscopy and colposcopy are designed for
incision, excision, vaporization and ablation of soft tissue. Sometimes the CO2
laser enables a less invasive approach to the procedure. The CO2 laser wavelength
always enables precision and simultaneous microvascular hemostasis.
Nezhat Laparoscope Coupler & Adapters – For Automatic Beam Centering
Compatible only with UltraPulse Lasers.
For single puncture and second puncture laparoscopes.
Laser energy from free beam (articulated arm) CO2 lasers must be directed down the operating
channel of rigid laparoscopes. Single puncture operating laparoscopes incorporate viewing
optics, light optics and an operative channel into the same device. Second puncture laparoscopes
have an operating channel, but no viewing or lighting capability. The channel length for
single puncture laparoscopes is usually 300mm and for second puncture tubes, it is usually
The Nezhat Coupler/Adapter automatically centers the CO2 laser beam within the operative
channel, saving time and frustration often associated with manual alignment.
An adapter, specific to the laparoscope model interfaces the laparoscope and Nezhat coupler.
Each adapter has an identification (ID) number engraved on it.
BeamAlign Direct (Laparoscope) Coupler
Because of their superficial penetration and coincident ability to coagulate small blood vessels,
carbon dioxide lasers are very useful for incision, vaporization and coagulation of soft tissue in
the pelvic cavity. In order to deliver the energy, the articulated arm is connected to an operating
laparoscope with a hollow channel of sufficient size to transmit the beam.
BeamAlign Direct Couplers connect the articulated arm of Lumenis Free-Beam surgical CO2
lasers to primary and second puncture operating laparoscopes. Two models are available:
- BeamAlign Direct Coupler for Single Puncture Laparoscopes, 300mm
- BeamAlign Direct Coupler for Second Puncture Laparoscopes, 200mm
The BeamAlign Coupler can be used with the SurgiTouch scanner for maximum surgical
788 Second Puncture Laparoscope Set
In double puncture laparoscopy, the primary laparoscope has the viewing and light transmission
optics. A second puncture laparoscope, which only has an operating channel, is also used.
Second puncture tubes are usually shorter than primary laparoscopes. The 788 set also includes
the correct 200mm BeamAlign Coupler.
Second Puncture Laparoscopes, like the 788 model set, are primarily used by physicians that
want to utilize a CO2 laser alternative to electrosurgery.
MicroSlad & ColpoSlad Micromanipulators
MicroSlad and ColpoSlad Micromanipulators attach to operating microscopes and colposcopes
for delivery of surgical CO2 laser energy. They are very lightweight, low profile and easy to use.
The working distance for the micromanipulator is set by inserting a Lens-slide into a slot on the
micromanipulator. Lens slides are available for fixed working distances of 200mm, 250mm,
300mm, 350mm and 400mm.
Four MicroSlad micromanipulator models are available:
- MicroSlad 715 with aperture for Zeiss microscopes with 65mm objective lens
- MicroSlad 717 with articulated arm attachment on left for microscopes (right for colposcopes)
- MicroSlad 718 with articulated arm attachment on right for microscopes (left for colposcopes)
- MicroSlad 719 with in-line articulated arm attachment for microscopes and colposcopes
Two ColpoSlad micromanipulator models are available:
- ColpoSlad 725 for Leisegang I, II, and 1D colposcopes
- ColpoSlad 726 for Olympus OCS, OCS-2, and OCS-3 colposcopes
- Small and lightweight for microscopes and colposcopes with size and weight constraints
- Lens slides availale for working distances of 200mm, 250mm, 300mm, 350mm and 400mm
- 300mm and 400mm lens slides included with Microslads
- 300mm lens slide included with Colposlads
- Continuously Variable Defocus (CVD) optical system for manual spot size adjustment
- Joystick may be positioned on top of colposcope head for ease of use
- Rim around laser aperture permits easy drape attachment
- Robust reflecting mirror that can be easily cleaned
- Can be used with SurgiTouch scanner and lasers equipped the SurgiTouch automation system
- Compatible with Lumenis UltraPulse, Compact and AcuPulse surgical CO2 lasers